Are you a BSc graduate looking for a higher education option? If yes, then you may consider studying master of science courses. MSc courses are popular master’s courses in India as it offers detailed knowledge of the subject, increase your earning potential, and in earning job promotion. And if you are also searching for top MSc colleges in Coimbatore, your search ends here.
You can read this blog to explore what an MSc course is, its course curriculum, and the future scope of this degree.
Master Of Science- Course Overview
Master of Science is a postgraduate program that offers specialisation in various courses such as mathematics, computer technology, chemistry, physics, food science, fashion design, etc. Students who seek to obtain higher job positions or want to enter the research industry often apply for this course.
Key highlights of the Master of Science course at Cheran College for Women-
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||● Applicants must have a BSc degree from a recognised education board.
● The minimum mark obtained during the BSc course is 50%.
|Average Salary||4-10 LPA|
|Available Specialisation||● Computer Technology
● Costume design and Fashion design
Syllabus of Master of science course
The syllabus of master of science courses will vary according to the specialization you choose to pursue at women’s arts and science colleges in Coimbatore. However, if you study at Cheran College for Women, one of the leading MSc colleges in Coimbatore, you will choose costume design and fashion design or Computer technology as a specialisation.
1. Syllabus of Computer Technology
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Introduction to Programming||Management and Accounting|
|Digital Logic||Data Structure and Algorithm|
|Fundamentals of Computers||Database Management System|
|Communication Skills & Technical Writing||Computer Organization & Architecture|
|Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science||Web Technologies|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Advanced Web Technologies||Computer Graphics & Multimedia|
|Object Oriented Programming using JAVA||Application Software Development|
|Data Communication & Computer Network|
2. Syllabus of Costume Design and Fashion Design
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Fashion Illustration||Export Trade and Communication|
|Technical Textiles||Design Art and Painting|
|Draping for Fashion Design||Brand Management|
|Costumes of the World||Supply Chain Management|
|Apparel Entrepreneurship||Research Methodology and Statistics|
|Fashion Business and Communication||Functional Apparel and Clothing|
|Ornaments and Accessories||CAD in Fashion Designing|
|Protective Clothing||Advanced Garment Construction|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Textile Testing||Indian Textile Industry|
|Design With Prints||Home Furnishing|
|Textile Testing Practical||Fashion Photography|
|CAD in Pattern Making||Beauty Care|
|Apparel Production and Planning||Design Collection|
|Intimate Apparels||Project Viva Voice|
|Apparel Production and Planning|
|Project Work/ Thesis|
Future scope for MSc graduates in India
1. Job Opportunities- MSc graduates study their post-graduation courses in a specific specialisation. And based on their specialisation, they receive ample opportunities in different sectors. MSc graduates from womens colleges in Coimbatore commonly look for job opportunities in private & government sector organisations. Sectors such as research centres, educational institutes, banks, agriculture, manufacturing, financial service, retail, leather companies, fashion media houses, etc. provide employment opportunities to MSc graduates.
Some of the popular job options are-
- Research Assistant
- Field Officer
- Assistant Professor
- Management Consultant
- Costume designer
- Fashion designer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Lab Technician
- Computer Programmer
- System Administrator
- Business Systems Analyst
- Quantitative Developer
- Junior Software Engineer
- Researcher and Accountant
2. Higher education Options- Once you complete your MSc degree from the top MSc colleges in Coimbatore, you can pursue higher education courses such as MPhil, or MBA or if you want to enter into the research field you can also opt for a PhD degree.
Why Cheran College for Women is the best college to study MSc courses in Tamil Nadu?
- The college has 28+ years of experience in providing valuable education in the fields of arts, science, and management and hence is listed among the best women’s colleges in Coimbatore.
- This college places a strong emphasis on encouraging both academic performance and the growth of the student’s personality. Additionally, the college hosts sporting, academic, and cultural events on its campus to support
- The college offers one of the best infrastructures among MSc colleges in TamilNadu. The college offers facilities such as advanced laboratories, a library, transportation, and residential facilities.
- This college is also ranked as one of the top MSc colleges in Coimbatore in terms of placement. 100+ companies visit the campus for placement drives.
We hope this blog has helped you in answering all the questions you had regarding a master of science degree. Now you can take charge and apply at the top MSc colleges in Coimbatore and have the career of your dreams.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the advantages of Studying an MSc course?
The advantages of studying MSc courses are-
- Help in gaining expertise
- Higher earning potential
- Better career opportunities
- A chance to build a strong professional network
- Which is better MSc or MBA?
Both MSc and MBA degrees are valuable and offer varied career opportunities, and you should choose the course according to your career goals. MSc course will offer you a sophisticated understanding of one specific field of business such as computer technology, fashion, physics, mathematics, etc. whereas an MBA course will teach you a cross-functional view of a business, it concentrates on teaching how to manage different operations of a business such as human resource, finance, marketing, etc.
- How do I choose an MSc Specialisation?
To choose the right specialisation at MSc colleges in Coimbatore for you, you need to do a self-evaluation of your interest areas and skills. And based on your interest areas you should explore career opportunities available in those fields. You can also take suggestions from your college professor/career counselling team/peer group. And by following these steps you can easily select your specialisation.
- Who are the top recruiters of Cheran College for Women?
The top recruiters of Cheran College for Women are as follows-
- The Chennai Silks
- Eureka Forbes